Whilst kindness can be often thought of as giving to others we can forget to give this to ourselves. You deserve your own love and affection as much as anyone does.
Place: By the River Lune
Pose: Warrior II or “Virabhadrasana II”
River Walk (2.8 miles)
You can stop along the way to take in the beautiful scenery and may undertake a meditation or some yoga poses.
1. Starting in the square, walk down Main Street towards the church and continue along Fairbank.
2. You will pass Underley Estate and when you get to Kearstwick turn right along Phil Lane.
3. At the end of the lane turn right and keep going along the path until you meet the River Lune.
4. From here you will follow the river path right up to Devil’s bridge. Then turn right up Bridge Brow towards town.
5. Turn right down the small walkway off Bridge Brow. You will eventually join up with Jingling Lane, arriving back into town.
Yoga by the Lune
Yoga by the Lune was born out of a passion to create a safe and welcoming space to inspire, connect and support people. Helping to bring back connection and kindness to ourselves, others and the environment. Yoga isn’t about getting into a pose, it’s connecting back to ourselves, coming back in, living in the present authentically, without judgement or harm.
Follow Yoga by the Lune for more nature and mindfulness: