The Kirkby Lonsdale & Lune Valley Community Interest Company ( KL & LV CIC) is looking for an exceptional recent graduate to join their team as a Marketing Intern. The role is paid and for an initial period of 6 months but may be extended.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, articulate graduate to kickstart their marketing/communications career at the grass roots. We are a small CIC responsible for some of the things many might take for granted – we run services such as the market, public loos and a number of rental properties but also the attention grabbing and ‘fun-stuff’ like events, community projects and a retail gift shop/information centre. Social media is a key platform for us to promote all we do quickly and cheaply, so there’s masses of variety in this role.
Kirkby Lonsdale is a vibrant market town, with a high national profile and voted best place to live in the NW by The Sunday Times for several years on the trot! To be honest there’s so much to say about our town, but if you don’t know most of it already then you probably shouldn’t apply…we need someone with great antenna and awareness!
We are a small team ( including over 20 dedicated volunteers who help staff our shop). This role will report to directly to our Tourism & Town Manager. The CIC’s work is supported by an active Board of Directors with lots of local links and experience.
Due to the current restrictions, we’ve needed to adapt lots of what we do, including shorter opening hours for our shop and less events, as well as remote working. But we’ve big plans for 2021.
As a Marketing Intern, you’ll be working on a wide range of tasks including retail (including stock ordering and control), practical event management tasks, liaison with volunteers and covering shop rota slots. Organising and collecting data for mailing lists. Responding to enquiries from the public as well as supporting the Manager in all aspects of her role. There will be some occasional work at weekends.
Each day brings different challenges, so we can’t give you a definitive list of what you’ll be doing – all we do know is that you’ll need to be flexible, creative and very energetic.
If you think you’d fit in, then read on…
We’re looking for a bright graduate with a natural aptitude for communication in all its forms. You must be good at both written communication as well as face to face. We’re passionate about spelling and grammar in reports and formal communications as well as just the right punchy messages to support our social media posts.
If you’re eager to kickstart a career in Marketing/Tourism/PR/Event Management then this role could be for you. We’re expecting you’ll be on your way to bigger and brighter lights…but recognise that practical experience looks great on your CV.
- Degree ( Having graduated in the last 3 years)
- Good time management and the ability to juggle several things at once
- Comfortable working with data, including Excel etc
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience creating blog and/or web content.
- Experience of creating engaging social media posts across Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Visitor attraction/ Tourism experience
- Retail experience
The ideal candidate:
- Autonomous and keen to have a role with responsibility
- Proactive — takes initiative and asks questions
- Self-aware — you know what you’re good at, what you like and what you don’t like
- Organised and on time.
This is a 6-month paid internship – with hours negotiable but at least 3 days per week. We’re offering a competitive starting rate depending on relevance of experience and Degree. We pay fairly based on local rates and don’t exploit interns! Immediate start.
Before you apply please make sure you have looked at our website for more background www.kirkbylonsdale.info
- Your CV
- A short cover email telling us why you want this role specifically
- Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to discuss this role please email as above to arrange a time.
- Interviews will be via Zoom.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 23rd September 2020. First round interviews on Monday 28th September.
- All applications will receive a response.
NB applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected. We will need references but will ask you about these should we ask you for interview.