Looking for a new challenge? Why not play your part in promoting our Town and running our gift & information shop? The Kirkby Lonsdale CIC is looking for a Manager.
This is a diverse and varied role. The promotion of our high profile and award -winning town is an important part of the post, as well as the running of a busy gift/information shop.
Experience of working with volunteers, in a retail environment or in tourism would be an advantage. But we recognise that you may have experience in some or all of these areas, or evidence of achievement in a similar field.
The successful applicant will manage a small and committed team, consisting of a part-time assistant and some 20 volunteers. Supported by an active group of Directors, the Manager reports to the CIC Board on a monthly basis, but the role is very much suited to someone who can work independently to an agreed brief with confidence and minimal supervision.
The KL & LV CIC manages a volunteer-staffed information and gift shop, the weekly Charter market, and two public toilets sites in the town. It also promotes the town and facilitates a series of events throughout the year.
The responsibilities of the Manager include:
– working with the CIC Assistant to ensure the efficient, commercial operation of the shop by organising the volunteer rota, recruiting and training volunteers.
– running the shop – including sourcing stock and supervising stock control and display
– leading and delivering events (including raising sponsorship where appropriate)
– liaising with the press and social media to generate publicity for the town.
– management support for the locally run, weekly Charter market (a Director shares this role)
– Liaison with our tenants who share our building at 29 Main Street -dealing with queries (a Director shares this role).
– managing contractors to ensure a high standard at the public conveniences
We would like 30 hours per week spread over at least 3 but preferably 4 days – but we’re flexible, the right candidate is more important than being rigid on terms. Very occasional weekend work for events may be required.
The initial contract is for one year, with the expectation of renewal. We would consider a job share and occasional home working, although it’s important that the Manager has a strong presence and visibility in the town.
Deadline for applications 19th July 2021. Email your cv and a note telling us why you are suitable for this post to email@example.com or apply on Indeed https://uk.indeed.com/job/manager-7a2a705c7bd69868