Kirkby Lonsdale & Lune Valley Community Interest Company invites applications for the position of Town and Tourism Manager.
The perfect candidate may have worked with volunteers in community settings and have strong retail experience. A tourism background would be an advantage as the promotion of the town and its attractions is a key part of the post.
The successful applicant will manage a small, positive-minded and committed team, consisting of a part-time assistant and some 20 volunteers. If you’ve got strong interpersonal skills, a good marketing brain and bags of energy you’ll go to
the top of our list. A CIM Diploma would be good too.
The Community Interest Company manages a volunteer-staffed information and gift shop, the weekly Charter market, and two public toilets sites in the town. It also promotes the town and facilitates a series of events throughout the year.
In this role you’ll report to the CIC Board – 7 Directors from a Community, Tourism, Retail and Legal background. The
Chair of the Board will be your lead manager.
The responsibilities of the Town and Tourism Manager include:
• Being an advocate for the town, working with MPs, county and district councils, the town council, national
parks authorities, and tourism-orientated organisations such as Cumbria Tourism.
• Managing the premises at 29 Main Street, where space is sub-let; liaising with our landlord and tenants;
working with the team to ensure the efficient, commercial operation of the 7-days-a-week information and gift
shop by organising the volunteer rota, recruiting and training volunteers.
• Leading and delivering events including raising sponsorship where appropriate; liaising with the Press and
other media to generate publicity for the town; using the town’s Facebook and Instagram sites and website;
giving advice and guidance to local groups and organisations about their own events.
• Ensuring a high standard of visitor information is available at all times through in the Information & Gift Shop.
• Spotting opportunities to work on new creative and commercial projects to promote the Kirkby Lonsdale
• Delegating, and working on other projects, as and when they arise.
This is a part-time post, subject to a 12-month renewable contract of employment. 3 days per week ( more hours
maybe available subject to performance). Very occasional event related weekend work. To achieve a handover with the current post-holder, preferable start date is 19th July
Applications are invited by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send a CV – with a covering letter explaining your relevant experience and why we should hire you! Applications without a CV AND covering letter will be rejected. We will ask for references if you progress past the first selection round. Initial Zoom interviews w/c 21 June 2021
Closing date for applications is Weds 16th June 2021. No agencies please.